- what information we may collect about you
- how we will use information we collect about you
- when we may use your details to contact you
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us
The website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from the website, we may ask you for personal information, differing services may require different personal information. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us to provide you with the services you select.
The website collects IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet). Nottswatch may use analysis software to look at IP addresses for the purpose of enhancing the user experience. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you and the log files are regularly purged.
Nottswatch may use your personal information for a number of purposes including (but not limited to) the following:
- for 'service administration purposes', which means that we may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in a later paragraph (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance)
- to contact you regarding a submission you have made to the website, including any content you provide
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on our website
Nottswatch may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that the service(s) can be deliver to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence
- in relation to any contribution you have made to our website
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the website (participation is always voluntary)
Nottswatch will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described below. With the above exceptions, your personal information will only be used within Nottswatch.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the website, Nottswatch reserves the right use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Nottswatch reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory) Nottswatch may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before submitting personal information to the website. If you do not have this consent, please do not provide us with personal information.
Nottswatch will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service(s), or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Where you contribute to our website, Nottswatch will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Nottswatch holds about you - and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (Nottswatch will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) Nottswatch will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files when requested to do so.